All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Hello all :-)
 Post subject: Hello all :-)
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:42 am 

My name is Michael, and I live in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina - and I'm about to delve back into dowsing; which I've had an on again/ off again affair for many years. There's a lot more information than I'd ever imagined on the net.

As a small child, and uncle of mine introduced me to dowsing by taking me out and testing me with a willow branch (he was a very well respected "water finder" who helped people who had given up on well-diggers). I managed to scare myself badly with the branch's unexpected reactions, and was deemed a "natural". "Naturally", I didn't try it again for years - just because of the initial shock. When I did return to dowsing, it was because I'd received a pair of L-Rods as a gift. I had great success with them, but once again just kind of "strayed away".

I've felt compelled to return to the hobby and have just ordered a set of L-Rods on Ebay, and I'm experimenting with a homemade pendulum that I also wear as a pendant. At this point, I'm just reacquainting myself with the whole practice and will initially use my rods & pendulum to find "special" areas of the forest I live in; and yes, maybe dowse for gold in the nearby river.

Nice to find this place... looks like good reading :-)...

Michael

Re: Hello all :-)
 Post subject: Re: Hello all :-)
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:54 am 
Site Admin

Hi Michael,

The "on and off" part may mean that you go through a different stages in life and you may have a subconscious block that tries to stop you from fully engaging in the intuitive arts. This is just a wild guess.

My first dowsing experience was using a home made L-rod-like device made out of two pencils - it got me hooked!

Don't get discouraged if you are not very successful in dowsing gold in the river - there is so much tiny gold particles that you would have to be very clear with your intent and concentrate on a particular size you can see in your pan.

Re: Hello all :-)
 Post subject: Re: Hello all :-)
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:48 am 

Thanks for the advice in regard to dowsing for gold... I'll keep it in mind (but in no way am I "limiting" myself to gold dowsing). It just seems foolish to not at least attempt it since it is supposed to be in the river that flows through my front yard.

I've had great success with L-Rods.... years back in Florida, I don't know how many leaks in swimming pools and water lines I've found for people. This I typically accepted "donations" for, once success was acheived.... lost contact lenses, jewelry, and other odd lost items were just for the practice though.

I'm looking forward to honing my skills :-)..

Michael