All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

No Topics for Healing??????
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:36 am 

Hmmmm . . . everybody must be busy out dowsing for gold -- or a job, at least! :roll:

Ok . . . quick show of hands. How many of you out there actually use dowsing for physical/mental/spiritual healing? :?:

You know, I remember reading an article on dowsing land mines and unexploded ordnance in Vietnam and later in other former war zones. It seems that full-scale de-mining operations and their associated technologies are super expensive and usually far beyond the reach of many of these formerly war-ravaged communities. In practical terms, it occured to me that this methodology was indeed healing to both the land and its misfortunate occupants. Granted that it is a bit dicier than dowsing the ripest avocado in the produce section, but as an important application of dowsing in a healing modality . . .well, these dowsers always seemed "special".

Re: No Topics for Healing??????
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:20 pm 

I use it to test for pet food, to see if the food is safe, I worked for a vet during the pet food crisis so I saw first hand all the hell the owners went through, so now I check every single can of food and every bag of kibble. I also test my vitamins and supplements.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:49 pm 

That's an excellent application, Wendy. May I ask you to briefly explain here the steps you use to dowse the safety or nutritional value of a pet food?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:56 am 

Yes, I use dowsing for spiritual healing. I was taught at College in Crystal Therapies & Holistic medicines to use a pendulum to scan the body (chakras) & aura for problems. Was a good way to find out cause of illnesses and treat accordingly.

I also use to dowse ley lines, standing stones, etc. This is a hobby of mine, as I live in an area of the UK where there are lots.

Im open to all suggestions for use, and also extra ways of using these tools.

Maggie

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:04 am 

Hi Maggie -

Did your classes have any connection to Reiki? I was wondering because during a Reiki treatment the practitioner used a crystal pendulum to dowse my chakras while I was lying on my back. Each one caused the pendulum to rotate in opposite diretion from the one just before or after in succession. Do you use the directional rotation (I imagine you do) to diagnose and then balance the chakras?

Cheers,
Rich

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:23 am 

Hi Rich,

No, the dowsing wasnt part of Reiki course (I did that later), but we used to dowse people who came for treatment with crystals (the course was a one year one in all sorts connected to crystals, cleansing, use, protection, under-active/over-active chakras, etc. We also learned about where the crystals were to be found in the world, and what effects mining of them had on indigenous peoples, methods of mining, a long, interesting course. One Im glad I took).

Mind you, using a pc is much harder for me these days. lol.

Maggie