All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Different pendulums
 Post subject: Different pendulums
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:10 am 

[i]
I watched a programme on tv the other day, which was about dowsing and healing also. Healing is my forte, and the man was saying that he uses a beechwood pendulum as he has found it to be more accurate. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Thanks

Maggie

Re: Different pendulums
 Post subject: Re: Different pendulums
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:49 pm 

Hi Maggie, I personally haven't heard of using beechwood for a pendulum, but that might make for an interesting project for you. Try making a list of all the different woods you can think of, & then dowsing the list to see which one would be most effective for you. I did just that same thing with metal & was surprised to find that - #1 was copper, #2 was silver, #3 was brass, & #4 was gold. Good thing I'm not a blingy kind of person, eh? :D
Blessings, NL

Re: Different pendulums
 Post subject: Re: Different pendulums
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:55 am 

Apologies for delay in replying - had hectic time of late.

Good idea using different types of wood. Might just give it a try, will let you know.

Your results were surprising to me, as I use either silver or gold chain for pendant. My HP when used as a pendant is usually on a gold thin chain, which works very well for me. Isnt it funny how we all get different results from different things? I was also told a silk ribbon was a good way to use a pendulum. At college we made most of our own from little silver "baskets/cages" into which we could put the crystal of our choice, always using silk thread.

I wondered, has anyone used Moldavite to dowse with? I often use Herkimer Diamond (very small one that fits into a basket) with either a slither of Moldavite or a very small piece of hematite, for grounding, as Herkimers make me spaced out, lol.
I find I get immediate replies with them, & never been proven wrong - yet !

We were also taught at College, to use a plain glass pendulum instead of crystal one, as crystal ones can hold older memories. Another one Id like to know if anyone has found.

Maggie