All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Diving Rod Action
 Post subject: Diving Rod Action
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:30 am 

When I was a teenager I used my father's erector set flat steel pieces and connected them into a four foot diving rod. When I held the ends firm in my hands pointing upward, the erector set steel twisted and bent downward with such force that they almost skinned my hands. Each time I used them I would have to straighten them out. I no longer have access to the erector set but I am using a plastic material instead with the same effect. When I hold the rods in my hands, the end is flat against my extended thumb and the rod is held tight in my hand. All the twisting and turning is in the rod as I do not relax my hold on the rods. Is this a normal reaction?

Re: Diving Rod Action
 Post subject: Re: Diving Rod Action
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:16 am 

:shock: Two pieces of steel each 4 ft. long connected at the end! This is an industrial strength "Y-Rod"! You must be a big guy! :D

Seriously, I know that we are talking very light-guage steel with the perforations. I think that your intuitive design is an excelellent indicator of your dowsing expertise.

Your sensitivity to whatever instrument you choose is the main consideration. You may create a dowsing tool that hits you on the head with a hammer everytime you near the target, but this would get very old after awhile and your sensitivity level would also likely decrease as your skull flattens out on top. So, look for a design that maybe is "too sensitive" to begin with and find a way to modify or dial-down the construction until you find that happy medium . . . and you aren't stripping the skin off your thumbs. Try lighter and more flexible materials and experiment with different lenghths and grip positions until you find a combination with which you could dowse COMFORTABLY all day long. Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:19 am 

This clip from YouTube made me think about your post: Doney is so cool! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m299QqfCjn0

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:59 am 

Dear Thunnar,
Thanks for your responses. The 4 feet of steel was heavy erector set steel of a set I believe was made in the 1920’s with holes drilled in the center along its length and its width was approximately 3/8 of an inch. Each length was bolted together to form the 4 foot of rods and connected at the end. The reason I am bringing up this fact is people who I have talked to have never seen a dowser with so much force that could bend and twist those metal rods. If this is an everyday occurrence with dowsers, than my ability is average, if not, than it is somewhere above average. I am only trying to gage my ability. Can anyone advise?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:52 pm 

You got me there! I have never heard of such a massive hand-held instrument being used by a dowser. I imagine it was fairly wind resistant though, yeah?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:39 pm 

I personally have a pair of copper rods, about the same size as a hanger, 3mm maybe?, and 39" in legnth. I also agree that we tend to pick up what feels right to us.

I was hoping to find a grid about what kind of response from our rods are for what kind of find.
I know my rods will give me four different signs to
start: the pocket watch swing, crossed, wag, and
nose down. I seem to intuitively feel which is water and which is metal, and sometimes i think I've found other things. Is it normal for diviners to pick
up multiple items and is there any kind of code book
or grid--the sign language of rods, so to speak?

tracefromks.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:03 am 
Site Admin

tracefromks wrote:
I know my rods will give me four different signs to
start: the pocket watch swing, crossed, wag, and
nose down.
tracefromks.

That sounds interesting! So you basically use it as a cross between an L-rod and a bobber!
The different movements and their meaning - it's how you program your subconscious mind. If you want "wag" to respond to, e.g. running water - that's what you will get. It would be the same as programming a pendulum movements. Cool, this gives me an idea for another tool! Have you tried putting a bit of weight at the ends?