All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Witness Chambers: Needed or Not?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 pm 

I couldn't resist being the first post under pendulums! It's like a kid getting a new coloring book! On with the show . . .

I have purchased and made my own pendulums for many moons and I was always intrigued by those with a hollow witness chamber to contain a tiny fragment or sample (essence, if you will) of the dowsing target. What are some of the pro's and con's or general rationale for witness chambers?

The first big use that occurs to me is in radiasthesia where disease speculum or remedy samples can be placed within the chamber to assist the dowser using a chart, ruler, or other device in obtaining information effecting a diagnosis or cure.

I have simply held a witness in my free hand while using the pendulum in the other or I have placed the witness at the center of a dowsing chart. This, of course, when the witness is too cumbersome for a tiny chamber in a pendulum. On the whole though, I have sort of relegated the witness chamber to a "nice but uneccessary" role in the pendulum dowsing world even though I clearly see the use of a witness in dowsing.

Re: Witness Chambers: Needed or Not?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:36 am 
Site Admin

My feelings are similar to yours, although I've heard from many mineral dowsers that using a witness of native mineral helps a lot in prospecting (see Abbe Mermet's "ray of sympathy" if I remember correctly - similar attracts similar).

In remote healing - I prefer using a picture and of course - my mind.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:40 pm 

Regarding witness samples, I've found that (at least for myself) holding the sample in my other hand helps me to become more familiar with it & dowse it more accurately, as opposed to a witness chamber...Just my two cents worth... Here's some of my "arsenal" of dowsing tools - two of the HEP pendulums I purchased from Chris, a couple of my self-made bobbers & a pendulum...Blessings, NL

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

NightLighter wrote:
Here's some of my "arsenal" of dowsing tools - two of the HEP pendulums I purchased from Chris, a couple of my self-made bobbers & a pendulum...Blessings, NL

Cool! Maybe we should start a gallery of home made tools? I still have a pendulum somewhere that I've made some 30 years ago out of clay with a pyramid and 3 parallel batteries...
It worked like a charm! Yes, still the operator is the most important ingredient in dowsing
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:22 am 

I think that's a great idea, Chris! It's very interesting to see the different (& sometimes way out there) :lol: tools that different folks use to dowse with...When I first started dowsing, I had no intentions of using anything but a pendulum. But after reading an article from the ASD (American Society of Dowsers), I felt compelled to try & make a bobber, just for the fun of it. After doing so, I realised that on the days I couldn't get out of bed - I have a chronic spine condition - that I could still use the bobber, as it can be held & used vertically or horizontally. That's when I found it's true usefullness. So, I would have to say that it's a good thing to follow your instincts & experiment with different devices, if you ever feel compelled to do so...Blessings, NightLighter